Mar. 19, 2015 | Posted in Blog, Shoemaking , Student Reporter | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoemaking | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) Luckly, the weather in Florence this week was good for an entire week.
2) Amy has decided to overwhelm herself by trying to finish 4 pairs of shoes before the class ends in April.
3) And this week, she was learning how to crimp the upper pieces using the wooden boards.
4) As for Ruben, the shoemaking master was teaching him how to saw the “fermatura,” which is the key feature of derby shoes.
5) Bernardo continued to work on his second hand stitching of Goodyear bottom construction on this Friday.
6) Meanwhile, Luca and Earlene went to the Kanji class this Friday to learn how to write their names in Kanji.
7) I am still working on my derby ankle boots with Saint Crispin bottom construction.
8) I’ve finished the second hand stitching, and hopefully to get the shoes done by next week.
9) This week, we had a fantastic art visit class as we went to visit a secret passage in Old Palace.
10) At Friday night, we went out to Hard Rock for dinner. I love the live band there badly!