Apr. 23, 2015 | Posted in Blog, Shoemaking , Student Reporter | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoemaking | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) All students are back from their Easter break, how’s everyone’s break going?
2) I spent most of my time staying at home to work on my hiking boots in order to finish it in time.
3) I’ve also learned an old technique of lasting the shoes using wooden nails around the heel area.
4) I am quite satisfied with my progress during my Easter break. It looks good, doesn’t it?
5) Last weekend, there was a street food festival taking place in Cascine park. The various food trucks are totally eye-catching.
6) This week, Luca was finishing up his shoes by putting the sockliners in. Look at his special golden logo on sockliners!
7) At the same time, Hyunjin was preparing the midsoles for her shoes with Goodyear bottom construction.
8) Aside from my hiking boots, I also used my independent study time to work on my baby shoes this week.
9) I’ve also sewed her name on the shoe bottoms so that the shoes become one and only.
10) There was a Fiat 500 car event taking place in Florence on this Saturday. When all the tiny vintage cars gathered together, the scene is super cute!