Jan. 19, 2015 | Posted in Blog, Shoemaking , Student Reporter | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoemaking | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) Back to Italy for my favorite shoemaking class. How’s everyone’s Christmas break?
2) Although Christmas lights have been removed from the streets, the downtown Florence is still lively as usual.
3) The first week at school, I continue working on my ankle boots, which requires crimping on a wooden board.
4) However, I’ve also learned another way to do on the lining using reinforcement tape instead of crimping.
5) After 24 hours when the crimped piece gets dry, I am now able to cut it down for my upper stitching.
6) Hyunjin is working on her ankle boots as well, which also needs crimping on the board.
7) Jill is working on 3 pairs of shoes at the same time. She has done all the midsole preparation by the end of this week.
8) Josh had a wonderful shoe factory visit during his Christmas break in London, and is also back to school for his next shoes.
9) Yuichi is still productive and efficient on his shoe making. Can’t wait to see his next shoes coming up!
10) The color of Arno river keeps changing everyday depending on the weather. That’s why it is so comforting after a long day work on my way home.