Course: Shoe Making
Program: Master 1year Course
Period: Sept.8,2014-Apr. 24,2015
With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Mar. 19, 2015 | Posted in Top Stories, Shoe Making & Shoe Design , Student Reports | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoe Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) Luckly, the weather in Florence this week was good for an entire week.
2) Amy has decided to overwhelm herself by trying to finish 4 pairs of shoes before the class ends in April.
3) And this week, she was learning how to crimp the upper pieces using the wooden boards.
4) As for Ruben, the shoemaking master was teaching him how to saw the “fermatura,” which is the key feature of derby shoes.
5) Bernardo continued to work on his second hand stitching of Goodyear bottom construction on this Friday.
6) Meanwhile, Luca and Earlene went to the Kanji class this Friday to learn how to write their names in Kanji.
7) I am still working on my derby ankle boots with Saint Crispin bottom construction.
8) I’ve finished the second hand stitching, and hopefully to get the shoes done by next week.
9) This week, we had a fantastic art visit class as we went to visit a secret passage in Old Palace.
10) At Friday night, we went out to Hard Rock for dinner. I love the live band there badly!