Course: Shoe Making
Program: Master 1year Course
Period: Sept.8,2014-Apr. 24,2015
With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Apr. 02, 2015 | Posted in Top Stories, Shoe Making & Shoe Design , Student Reports | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoe Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) Since Florence is an old historic town, big cars are generally not allowed to enter in due to the narrow streets. That’s why there are so many different kinds of modified bikes wandering around to deliver their goods.
2) This week, finally I’ve finished my first pair of orthopedic shoes. Although they don’t fit the client’s feet very well, I am still quite happy with what I’ve accomplished.
3) Meanwhile, I have also done the pattern trial on my baby shoes. Look how small it is comparing to our big hands.
4) Amy has also completed her pattern trial on the knee boots, and was trying it on to see if it fits well before moving forward.
5) At the same time, Amy has another 3 pairs of shoes in progress simultaneously. I love her sketchbook!
6) Recently students are somehow panic as the semester is going to end in 3 weeks, but there are still so much left to be learned.
7) Like Earlene, she was hoping to finish her shoes by the end of this week so that she could have enough time to learn her ankle boots.
8) I am also trying to complete another pair of ankle boots by the end of this semester. Time really flies.
9) It was quite drizzly this entire week, however we get a good weather again on the weekend.
10) Therefore, most florentines step outside and take a walk under this beautiful weather.