Course: Shoe Making
Program: Master 1year Course
Period: Sept.8,2014-Apr. 24,2015
With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Nov. 11, 2014 | Posted in Top Stories, Shoe Making & Shoe Design , Student Reports | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoe Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) Last friday in the class of art visit, we went to see the art exhibition of Alfredo Serri (1898-1972). Mr. Romagnolo gave us an awesome tour.
上週五的藝術參觀課程我們去參觀了藝術家Alfredo Serri (1898-1972)的畫展，Romagnolo先生幫我們做了一個非常棒的導覽。
2) Meanwhile, the art visit class of the new students was pumpkin carving at school in order to celebrate Halloween!
3) This week, students were learning how to do the patterns for derby shoes. The coupling between upper and lining is quite unique.
4) Natsumi continues working on her derby shoes. She has finished the lasting process by the end of this week.
5) Bernardo was confirming his patterns with the shoemaking master.
6) Earlene has started to cut and prepare the upper pieces.
7) Josh wishes to make a pair of ankle boots, so the master was teaching him how to adjust the existing last.
8) Amy is working on a moccasin for her dad as a Christmas gift.
9) Hyunjin was doing the final touch on those shoes for her dad and sister. The final products look pretty.
10) This week I’ve done my shoes for my besty in Taiwan. Heat stamping my logo on the bottoms is a tough job.