Jan. 27, 2015 | Posted in Blog, Shoemaking , Student Reporter | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoemaking | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) On my way to school. These hustle-bustle cars on the streets remind us that another busy week has begun.
2) This semester, we have two new students joining us, and this is Wang Jia transfered from Polimoda.
3) Luca is about to attach his outsoles, but before that, he used cork to fill all the gaps to ensure a better bonding.
4) Josh was learning how to apply leather toe caps for better protection in men’s footwear.
5) Earlene has almost done her moccasins, and is about to do pattern trial on her next shoe.
6) Amy was working on her brogues, which requires tons of patience.
7) This week, I’ve started my collaboration project with a local orthopedic shop to learn how to measure the foot and modify the last properly.
8) Josh is my first model for orthopedic shoes as he has flat feet. First of all, we put his feet into the foam to get the actual foot shapes.
9) Then we made a plaster cast based on the acquired shapes in order to produce Josh’s customized plantar.
10) After school on this Thursday, there was a protest on my way home due to the economic crisis in Italy.