Up-to-date report from one of our students!
Course: Painting and Drawing
Program: Master Course
Period: Jan. 15, 2018 - Jul. 27, 2018
1. I enjoyed meeting with Professor Berti on Monday.
- This week was to review art materials in class. The professor had me copy the self-portrait of Pietro Annigoni. The medium we used was pen and ink onto Cart annigoni paper. The ink that I used was Oak Gall black ink art. 5050/150ml.
- The professor instructed us on how to hold the pen with 2 fingers and push the pen at a 45% angle instead of pulling the pen across the paper. When working with ink it is important to use more water than you do ink in order to achieve the correct lines. Professor Berti visited me approximately 8 times throughout the class period spending around 20 minutes with each visit. I feel incredibly fortunate to have a professor who has been willing to spend such quality time offering strong remarks and criticisms for the benefit of his students. Professor Berti has shown to be very captivating in his instruction and works by encouraging students to dig up their potential.
2. Meeting Professor Rinaldi.
3. Thursday I was very ill with flu
- I bought 3 wood panels and I put 12 coats onto each panel at home. It took me 4 days and 13 hours to apply the coats of True Gesso.
4. Daily Life In Florence Italy.
- Went to Bank BNL to complete the process of opening a bank account.
- Our landlord came by the apartment to check up on me. She has been so thoughtful throughout my time here. Her and her husband were so kind to have brought me soup and fresh oranges upon hearing of my sickness. Finally, in response to their soup and oranges, the fever dissipated and I have been feeling better since. On Monday morning I was so happy be healthy and back in classes so I made sure to call her and thank her and her husband for their kindness.
Ask a question to this reporter
Professor Bicci taught me this day the…
Language: Reporter: Marina Tatshani Rabadon II
Today I started work with another sculpture which ha…
Language: Reporter: Priyanka Dhingra
This week practice designing last week's drawings in…
Language: Reporter: Ting Ya Lin
At Accademia Riaci, we are recruiting Course Reporters from our students. The students who are chosen to become Course Reporters are given 10 % of the tuition as their scholarship fee.
The Reporters who have submitted excellent reports will have his or her profile posted on our school website for the next 5 years as an alumnae and will be able to connect with their business chancesafter their graduation.