With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Apr. 13, 2015 | Posted in Blog, Shoe Making & Shoe Design, Student Reports, Shoemaking | Tags: Shoe Making, Yi-Chen Chou | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course: Shoe Making Course
1) The antique Fiat 500 is a legend of Italy as it represents the glory of
2) During my weekend last week, I spent most of my time at home to complete
the trial shoes.
3) Then, I let my clients try them on in order to see if the shoes fit him
well with plantars inside. Luckily, they are good to move forward.
4) Therefore, I’ve spent entire this week to cut, skive, and saw the upper
5) At the same time in class, Ruben was learning how to twist the thread
with the bristle in order to make a tip for Blake construction.
6) And meanwhile, Amy was lasting her knee boots. Looking really good!
7) Generally most students eat lunch at school, so that we can continue to
work on our shoes during the independent study time in the afternoon
8) This is Hyunjin punching the brogues on her derby shoes right after our
happy lunch at school.
9) On this Thursday, I went to visit a shoemaking factory in Tuscany. They
still keep the little shoemaking room where their business has started 3
10) We also enjoyed the Easter cake, which was offered by the shoemaking
master. Happy Easter to everybody!