Feb. 12, 2015 | Posted in Blog, Shoemaking , Student Reporter | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoemaking | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) This week it was drizzling for an entire week, which makes the feels-like temperature even chillier.
2) School life is still going on regardless the bad weather. Ruben has almost done his first Decollete by the end of this week.
3) Earlene has done one Goodyear stitching, and continues to work on the other one.
4) Bernardo was working on the apron stitching on his Moccasin shoes, and the result is quite great.
5) Amy has done the first and second stitching of her Tirolese construction, and was marking the outsole in order to do the final one.
6) Yuichi was cutting the leather sole, which requires strong finger muscle strength.
7) I took out the lasts inside my ankle boots for my Blake stitching, and still need to put them back in for heel stacking.
8) On the other hand, I was also making the planters using the plaster cast as a base attached with couple layers of various materials in this week.
9) Generally I do grocery shopping once a week on weekends. Look at that giant prosciutto in the supermarket!
10) On this Saturday, I also went to a flea market in Piazza Ciompi, which sells a lot of antique items.