Course: Jewelry Making
Program: 1year ATELIER COURSE
Period: Oct.14,2013 - June 6,2014
She completed her BA degree in Fine Arts in 2011. Having studied sculpture, photographing, stone cutting, lost wax casting,electroforming and contemporary jewellery, she decided to follow her interest and focus on more traditional goldsmithing techniques. She came to Florence, the most famous city of art and craftmanship in Italy, to study jewelry making and also attended to courses specialized in hand engraving and Florentine fret saw piercing with highly skilled rofessors.
Apr. 25, 2014 | Posted in Jewelry, Top Stories , Student Reports | Tags:S.K., Jewelry | Language:
Reporter: S.K. | Course:
1. For this ring I started by making two inner rings.
2. Then I fused a thick plate of silver.
3. I pull it in a rolling mill for the right thickness.
4. I turn it into a ring with pliers. It needs to be annealed often for it is so thick and is hard to bend.
5. I solder it, and shape the ring thinner from under and let it be thicker from the top.
6. In here the inner rings are yet soldered into the mainring.
7. Making sure the rings are round.
8. Then I soldered the little silver pieces on the gap between the inner rings and the main ring.
9. Here I’m choosing the design of the stones on the top.
10. The holes for the stones are ready!