Course: Shoe Making
Program: Master 1year Course
Period: Sept.8,2014-Apr. 24,2015
With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Dec. 09, 2014 | Posted in Blog, Shoe Making/Design , Students Report | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoe Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) Christmas has come to the town. These Christmas lights are way more beautiful if you come to see physically.
2) Hyunijn’s Mom and sister have also come to the town, and prepared us some yummy Kimbob for our time at school.
3) This week, I’ve almost done my shoes.
4) But the heel stacking part did not go very well, oops!
5) Earlene was working on the upper stitching for her Moccasin shoes.
6) Natsumi was also lasting her Moccasin shoes this week.
7) Josh was learning how to prepare the threads in order to do the Goodyear bottom construction.
8) Bernardo has done the lasting on his Derby shoes, and about to hand stitch the bottoms. Good Luck!
9) Yuichi was polishing his uppers with cream and cloth, which generally takes 2 to 4 hours to complete.
10) I am moving forward to design my next shoes: an ankle boots with zipper in the back.