Course: Shoe Making
Program: Master 1year Course
Period: Sept.8,2014-Apr. 24,2015
With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Nov. 04, 2014 | Posted in Blog, Shoe Making/Design , Students Report | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoe Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) Last weekend, I had a lovely afternoon with my friends as we had a barbeque party on their rooftop.
2) The view from the rooftop was amazing, and the weather was good. That afternoon is so awesome!
3) Back to school, Francis was doing the roll call right before the class starts. Class attendance is mandatory for final diploma.
4) The shoemaking master showed us some finishing tools as several students finished their shoes this week.
5) Katarina has done her first decollete. Good job!
6) Bernardo has also de-lasted his first pair of oxford shoes by the end of this week.
7) Natsumi has moved on to the next model: Derby. She was working on the perforation on her uppers this week.
8) Josh was learning how to close up the uppers after putting the toe caps.
9) Jill was preparing her moccasin uppers.
10) Hyunjin was very productive this week as she has finished the hand stitching on 2 pairs of shoes. One is for dad, and the other is for her older sister.