Course: Shoe Making
Program: Master 1year Course
Period: Sept.8,2014-Apr. 24,2015
With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Oct. 22, 2014 | Posted in Blog, Shoe Making/Design , Students Report | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoe Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) During the art visit class last Friday, we went up to the Brunelleschi’s dome to enjoy the amazing view of the entire Florence city. We all feel blessed as we live in a such beautiful city.
2) In addition, finally all the lasts we’ve ordered in September are all ready.
3) Look at Josh, he is so happy with his new toys!
4) Meanwhile, this week students were excited at choosing the colors of beading strips that we are going to place an order. Luca loves pink badly.
5) Back to the classroom, students continued working hard as always.
6) Jill was working on the third hand stitching on her Norwegian bottom construction.
7) Natsumi was learning how to stack the leather heels starting from making a heel pattern.
8) Hyunjin starts to work on her new shoes that she is going to give her beloved singer in Korea as a Christmas gift.
9) I am currently working on lasting the shoes for my besty in Taiwan.
10) Amy has finished 2 pairs of shoes by the end of this week. Look at her and her little babies. Good job, Amy!