Course: Jewelry Making
Program: 1year ATELIER COURSE
Period: Oct.14,2013 - June 6,2014
She completed her BA degree in Fine Arts in 2011. Having studied sculpture, photographing, stone cutting, lost wax casting,electroforming and contemporary jewellery, she decided to follow her interest and focus on more traditional goldsmithing techniques. She came to Florence, the most famous city of art and craftmanship in Italy, to study jewelry making and also attended to courses specialized in hand engraving and Florentine fret saw piercing with highly skilled rofessors.
Apr. 28, 2014 | Posted in Jewelry, Top Stories , Student Reports | Tags:S.K., Jewelry | Language:
Reporter: S.K. | Course:
1. This ring will be similar for the previous one but made in a different technique. Here are the top parts curved from a silverplate.
2. Figuring out the design for the stones once again.
3. The thinner top part is sawed into a diamond shapes precisely.
4. Then the top is soldered on the thicker downer part.
5. After soldering the top is divided with narrow cuts on every corner of the diamond shape.
6. Here the cuts are made.
7. My classmate Joanne’s ring, that is the same than what I’m working on now, she is a bit ahead and has yet made the downer part of the ring as well.
8. Classmate Joanne soldering her ring.