Course: Jewelry Making
Program: 1year ATELIER COURSE
Period: Oct.14,2013 - June 6,2014
She completed her BA degree in Fine Arts in 2011. Having studied sculpture, photographing, stone cutting, lost wax casting,electroforming and contemporary jewellery, she decided to follow her interest and focus on more traditional goldsmithing techniques. She came to Florence, the most famous city of art and craftmanship in Italy, to study jewelry making and also attended to courses specialized in hand engraving and Florentine fret saw piercing with highly skilled rofessors.
Apr. 14, 2014 | Posted in Jewelry, Top Stories , Student Reports | Tags:S.K., Jewelry | Language:
Reporter: S.K. | Course:
1. I made a basic simple ring from silver and divided the top into 7 parts with a saw.
2. For drilling the holes for the stones I hold the ring firmly in a wooden vice.
3. A close-up picture of the enlarged holes for stones.
4. I cut a cross on each squere. When setting the stones the corner points will be the parts that will keep the stones on their places.
5. After polishing the ring I clean it in the schools ultrasonic machine.
6. The ultrasonic machine viberates gently, that together with hot soapwater cleans the metal from the polishing paste and other grease.
7. The ring has to be kept in a net that allows the water pass.