Course: Jewelry Making
Program: 1year ATELIER COURSE
Period: Oct.14,2013 - June 6,2014
She completed her BA degree in Fine Arts in 2011. Having studied sculpture, photographing, stone cutting, lost wax casting,electroforming and contemporary jewellery, she decided to follow her interest and focus on more traditional goldsmithing techniques. She came to Florence, the most famous city of art and craftmanship in Italy, to study jewelry making and also attended to courses specialized in hand engraving and Florentine fret saw piercing with highly skilled rofessors.
May. 12, 2014 | Posted in Jewelry, Top Stories , Student Reports | Tags:S.K., Jewelry | Language:
Reporter: S.K. | Course:
To read the previous parts of this report, click on the following links.
1. At last I finished the flower ring made yet back in January. I started by setting the side stones.
2. For the setting I used a burin tool that has been sharpened diagonally.
3. The side stones are setted.
4. I divided the central bezel with small cuts.
5. And then enlarged it untill the stone fitted in.
6. When the stones are setted I turned the ring to engrave the leaves.
7. Ready ring on finger.
8. The ring is made in silver, the purple central stone is an amethyst and the small side stones are zirconias.
The ready ring.