Course: Bag Making
Program: Master course in Bag Making
Period: Feb.24,2014 - Dec.12,2014
Miss Thacha, after studying various techniques and a unique style in her country from a trainer who graduated at Accademia Riaci, she decided to go to our school to attend our Master course in Bag Making. “I consider Florence as the heart of leather art where not only big industry and traditional artisanship is flourished, but also a place where I can learn and absorb everything around me, keeping my motivation and creativity high all the time”.
She also attended a semester course in Italian Language at ABC de’ Conti.
Jun. 27, 2014 | Posted in Top Stories, Bag Making/Design , Student Reports | Tags:Thacha R., Bag Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Thacha R. | Course:
1. A stencil of the parts are made out of cardboard before they are cut from a sheet of leather.
2. After making a model from a cardboard then test the bag’s from onto Salpa, a material recycle from leather.
3. Salpa can be sewn by sewing machine.
4. Bag’s body part in progress before be sewn with the bottom part.
5. Bag’s base part in progress. As you can see, Salpa is added onto the base to give it some strength and structure.
6. Studs are fitted on to the bag’s base and after that the base part will be sewn with the body part.
7. Strap parts, it be sewn after.
8. Coloring the edge of leather to make the layer of leather be invisible.
9. The strap part, chains and leather are combined with rivets and it be sewn with the body part after.
10. A zip pocket inside the bag need to be made before it be sewn onto the lining.
11. Back view of the pocket in progress.
12. Front view of the pocket in progress.
13. The bag lining.
14. Sew the lining with the body part and after sew it together then flip it over.
15. After the lining is sewn with the body part, it’s necessary to leave a hole for flipping the body part over and sew to close it after.
16. Sew the hole which be left after flip the body part over.
17. Front view of the bag after sew it with the lining.
18. Pierce the top of the bag to insert a tiny sling through it for closing the bag.
19. The completed bag with the details.
20. The completed bag.
21. My drawstring bag is done.
22. My drawstring bag is done.