Up-to-date report from one of our students!
She completed her BA degree in Fine Arts in 2011. Having studied sculpture, photographing, stone cutting, lost wax casting,electroforming and contemporary jewellery, she decided to follow her interest and focus on more traditional goldsmithing techniques. She came to Florence, the most famous city of art and craftmanship in Italy, to study jewelry making and also attended to courses specialized in hand engraving and Florentine fret saw piercing with highly skilled rofessors.
May. 08, 2014 | Posted in Jewelry, Jewelry, Blog, Students Report | Tags: Jewelry Making, S.K. | Language:
Reporter: S.K. | Course: Jewelry Making Course
To read the previous parts of this report, click on the following links.
1. I finished the crown setting ring that I started last month. In here fitting the crown bezel for the ring before soldering them together.
2. This month we have been working with stones and here’s the school’s example pieces of different shape bezels.
3. I shaped the ring to be height and narrow from top and low and wide from down. It’s still waiting to be stonesetted.
4. I also finished the solitaire ring with classic crown setting.
The reaydy ring on the finger.
5. The ring is made in silver, the stone is a 5mm coloured zirconia.
6. The finished ring.