1. Formal admission to ACCADEMIA RIACI and payment of tuition and fees are prerequisites to registration. All students, by virtue of registering, agree to comply with the regulations of the school and to pay all applicable tuition and registration fees before the course start date. Payments can be made exclusively by wire transfer to the bank account indicated by the Office of Admissions. ACCADEMIA RIACI will provide the student with a certificate of payment confirmation. The certificate of enrollment will be issued only after receiving the confirmation of the wire transfer by the Office of Admissions. ACCADEMIA RIACI may, at its sole discretion, exclude from any course and/or examinations any registered student who fails to pay the applicable Tuition Fee within the period stated above or any other period as may be agreed with ACCADEMIA RIACI. ACCADEMIA RIACI reserves the right to claim back from any such student any reasonable expenses incurred in reliance upon his/her registration on the course.
2. Enrollment Fee and Deposit paid to ACCADEMIA RIACI are non-refundable unless ACCADEMIA RIACI decides not to grant the student a place on the relevant course. If cancellation occurs not less than 90 days prior to the course start date, ACCADEMIA RIACI will refund 100% of the Tuition (excluding Enrollment Fee and Deposit); 50% of the Tuition (excluding Enrollment Fee and Deposit) will be refunded if cancellation occurs at least 30 days before the course start date. No refund will be made if cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the course start date. For students who do not hold an EU passport, there will be no refund after the Certificate of Enrollment has been issued.
3. Tuition includes a Certificate of Attendance or a Diploma issued after completion of the course.
4. ACCADEMIA RIACI will be responsible for preparing a basic equipment for student use. However, expenses for any materials needed for each student’s course and projects are not included in the course fees.
5. Specific information during the course such as detailed timetable of the course shall be communicated to the student upon course start. Examinations must be taken at the end of the relevant course. No student shall be allowed to take the examinations after the end of the relevant course. If the student does not take the examinations at the end of the course, or does not achieve the required pass mark in the examinations, ACCADEMIA RIACI shall not issue any final certificate of completion or the official diploma to the student.
6. Class attendance is MANDATORY. No student will be allowed to the final examinations unless he/she attends at least 80% of the lessons. No certificate of attendance shall be issued unless the student maintains the required attendance record until the end of the course. If a student does not attend lessons, tuition and fees won’t be refunded.
7. By enrolling in any course offered by ACCADEMIA RIACI, students agree to comply fully with the disciplinary rules of ACCADEMIA RIACI as this represents a condition of the agreement between students and ACCADEMIA RIACI. Compliance which the disciplinary rules shall involve a good attendance record, a rigorous respect of the schedule of lessons and a responsible attitude towards the staff of ACCADEMIA RIACI allows students to use any equipment within ACCADEMIA RIACI. Failure to adhere fully to these rules may result in disciplinary measures being taken against the offending student (which, for the avoidance of doubt, may involve the expulsion of the student from the relevant course). To the fullest extent permitted by Italian law, ACCADEMIA RIACI reserves the right to claim damages in relation to any loss caused by the student.
8. Courses are organized according to the schedules, dates, and programs established by the teachers appointed by ACCADEMIA RIACI, which reserves the right, at any time, to amend any aspect of the course as may be necessary.
9. The examination papers, together with any material produced by the students during classes shall be deemed to be the property of ACCADEMIA RIACI. Students hereby assign all copyrights arising in any material produced by the students to ACCADEMIA RIACI and in particular allow ACCADEMIA RIACI to exhibit, reproduce and/or publish such material.
10. Changing a course (the subject or the course start date) is possible only if the new course begins within 365 days from the initial start date, and within the following conditions:
a) if course change request is notified from 90 to 30 days before the course start date:
For Academy Courses: by paying the enrollment fee of the registered course.
For other courses: by paying the 20% of the sum of tuition and enrollment fee of the registered course.
For Package courses: 20% of the total course fee.
b) if course change request is notified after 30 days before the course start date:
For Academy Courses: by paying the enrollment fee of the registered course and 50% of its tuition.
For other courses: by paying the enrollment fee of the registered course and 50% of its tuition.
For Package courses: 50% of the total course fee.
There is NO REFUND of the fees already paid. Students can allocate the fees already paid, deducting the above course change fees, to the payment for new courses.
11. ACCADEMIA RIACI reserves the right to cancel a course due to low enrollment or other circumstances beyond the school’s control. Students who are registered in a course that is canceled will be notified, and the course fees will be fully refunded.
12. ACCADEMIA RIACI assumes no responsibility for damaged, lost, or stolen personal items.
13. Students who damage or vandalize school property will be responsible for its repair and/or replacement.
14. ACCADEMIA RIACI is closed on Italian public and school holidays, such as spring break, fall break, summer, and Christmas holidays.
15. No variation of this agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by or on behalf of each of the parties.
16. For all programs held by ACCADEMIA RIACI, including those held off its campus, the agreement between ACCADEMIA RIACI and students shall be subject to the Italian law and the parties hereby agree that the Italian courts in Florence shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of this agreement.
By completing the application form for any of the courses offered by Accademia Riaci, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the “General Conditions”.
[ Revised as of January 14, 2019 ]