1. By registering for classes students agree to pay all applicable tuition and registration fees. Students are required to pay all tuition and fees before the course start date. Payments can be made exclusively by wire transfer to the bank account indicated by the Office of Admissions. ACCADEMIA RIACI will provide the student with a certificate of payment confirmation. The certificate of enrollment will be issued only after receiving the confirmation of the wire transfer by the Office of Admissions. ACCADEMIA RIACI may, at its sole discretion, exclude from any course and/or examinations any registered student who fails to pay the applicable Tuition Fee within the period stated above or any other period as may be agreed with ACCADEMIA RIACI. ACCADEMIA RIACI reserves the right to claim back from any such student any reasonable expenses incurred in reliance upon his/her registration on the course.
2. The Enrollment Fee and the Deposit Fee paid to ACCADEMIA RIACI are NON-refundable unless ACCADEMIA RIACI decides not to grant the student a place on the relevant course. If cancellation occurs not less than 90 days prior to the start of the relevant course, ACCADEMIA RIACI shall refund 100% of the Tuition Fee (except for the Enrollment Fee and the Deposit), 50% of the Tuition Fee (except for the Enrollment Fee and the Deposit) will be refunded if cancellation occurs not less than 60 days prior to the start of the relevant course; 30% of the Tuition Fee (except for the Enrollment Fee and the Deposit) will be refunded if cancellation occurs one day before the class starts and no refund shall be made if cancellation occurs after the start of the relevant course. For students who do not hold an EU passport, there will be no refund after the certificate of enrollment has been issued to apply for an Italian VISA, unless the application is rejected due to reasons under Accademia Riaci’s responsibility.
3. The Tuition fee includes a Certificate of Attendance or a Diploma issued right after completion of the course.
4. ACCADEMIA RIACI will be responsible for preparing a laboratory and basic equipment for student use. However, expenses for any materials needed for each student’s course and projects shall be covered by the student.
5. Specific information such as the duration of the course shall be communicated to the student upon registration. Examinations must be taken at the end of the relevant course. No student shall be allowed to take the examinations after the end of the relevant course and ACCADEMIA RIACI shall not, in this case, issue any final certificate of attendance or the official diploma to the student.
6. Class attendance is MANDATORY. No student will be allowed to the final examinations unless he/she attends at least 80% of the lessons. No final certificate shall be issued unless the student maintains the required attendance record until the end of the course and achieves the required pass mark in the examinations. In case students do not attend lessons, there will be no refund of the Tuition Fee.
7. By enrolling in any course offered by ACCADEMIA RIACI, students agree to comply fully with the disciplinary rules of ACCADEMIA RIACI as this represents a condition of the agreement between students and ACCADEMIA RIACI. Compliance which the disciplinary rules shall involve a good attendance record, a rigorous respect of the schedule of lessons and a responsible attitude towards the staff of ACCADEMIA RIACI allows students to use any equipment within ACCADEMIA RIACI. Failure to adhere fully to these rules may result in disciplinary measures being taken against the offending student (which, for the avoidance of doubt, may involve the expulsion of the student from the relevant course). To the fullest extent permitted by Italian law, ACCADEMIA RIACI reserves the right to claim damages in relation to any loss caused by the student.
8. Courses are organized according to the schedules, dates, and programs established by the teachers appointed by ACCADEMIA RIACI, which reserves the right, at any time, to amend any aspect of the course as may be necessary.
9. The examination papers, together with any material produced by the students during classes shall be deemed to be the property of ACCADEMIA RIACI. Students hereby assign all copyrights arising in any material produced by the students to ACCADEMIA RIACI and in particular allow ACCADEMIA RIACI to exhibit, reproduce and/or publish such material.
10. Changing a Course (the subject or the course start date) is possible within the following conditions, only if the new course begins within 365 days from the initial start date:
a) 90 to 30 days before the course start date:
Academic Courses*: Enrollment Fee of the registered course
Courses other than Academic Courses: 20% of the Tuition Fee and the Enrollment Fee of the registered course
Package Courses: 20% of the registered course fees
b) Within 30 days before the course start date:
Academic Courses*: Enrollment fee of the registered course and 50% of its Tuition
Courses other than Academic Courses*: 50% of the Tuition Fee and the Enrollment fee of the registered course
Package Courses: 50% of the registered course fese
There is NO REFUND of the fees already paid. Students can allocate the fees already paid, deducting the course change fee, to the payment for the new courses.
11. ACCADEMIA RIACI reserves the right to cancel the course prior to the beginning of the courses if less than a quorum to start a course is present. Students who are registered in a course that is canceled will be notified, and the Enrollment Fee and the Tuition Fee will be a full refund.
12. Any personal property, if brought to the school, will not be the ACCADEMIA RIACI’s responsibility if damaged, lost, or stolen.
13. Students who damage or vandalize school property will be responsible for its repair and/or replacement.
14. ACCADEMIA RIACI is closed on Italian public holidays, and school holidays, such as spring break, fall break, summer holidays, Christmas holidays and Easter holidays.
15. No variation to this agreement shall be valid unless agreed in writing between the parties.
16. For programs held in Florence campuses, the agreement between ACCADEMIA RIACI and students shall be subject to the Italian law and the parties hereby agree that the Italian courts in Florence shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of this agreement.
*Academic Courses are: “Basic Course”, “One-Year Course”, “Semester Course”, “Atelier Course”, “Master Course” and “Preparation Course for Accademia di Belle Arti”.
[ Revised as of April 8, 2017 ]