Practical Information

Do I need a VISA to study in Italy?

The citizens of the following (non-EU) countries, do NOT require a visa to stay in Italy for a maximum of 90 days (12 weeks): Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, South Korea, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salvador, United Arab Emirates, Georgia, Japan, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong SAR, Solomon Islands, Israel, Kiribati, Malaysia, Macao SAR, North Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Nauru, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Christopher (Saint Kitts) and Nevis, United Kingdom, Samoa, Saint Lucia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, United States, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Taiwan, East Timor, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela.

A short-term “Schengen Visa – type C” is required for all other citizens.

If you plan on staying in Italy for longer than 90 days, you need to apply for a “National Visa – type D” at your local Italian embassy/consulate.