Note: the "Summer Intensive Course" has the same contents as the "Art Short Course", but with a double number of lessons. Furthermore, it includes housing and extracurricular activities and services.
Textile does not only get worn as fashionable clothes, but is utilized as interior fabrics, wall papers, curtains, sofas, tablecloths, carpets, furniture, as well as in cars and public transportations – almost in every scene of our daily life. Textile design consists of color, print, motif, fabric, 3D function, shape and resistance, meaning the textile design is rich in variety. Many kinds of drawing tools such as pens, oil paints, acrylic paints, silk-screens, woodblock printings, photo compositions, Photoshop or Illustrator using PC, and all these tools give the textile designer the unlimited possibility of freely expressing themselves.
In the Textile Design course at Accademia Riaci, you can learn batik, tie-dye, waterpaint, linoleum, geometric patterns, natural motif patterns, solarisation patterns, scenic photo patterns, knitted fabric design and the base of weaving, so you can create your actual work using any method of these expressions.
Summer Intensive Course fees include:
- Enrollment fee
- Facility fees (no materials)
- Welcome lunch
- Welcome kit (city map, pen, notebook, file folder, one lunch ticket)
- Bus tickets
- Weekly guided art visits:
students will visit the best sightseeing and historical monuments of the city.
- Housing: shared apartments – twin room (single room at an extra cost*)
- Housing utility costs
- 4 daily meal + 2 coffee/tea/mineral water vouchers a week
- Cultural activities: once every 2 weeks
(e.g.: ceramic laboratory visit, antique market visit, Tuscan farmhouse visit, pizza lesson)
- English interpretation during lessons with the teacher and visits.