Course: Shoe Making
Program: Master 1year Course
Period: Sept.8,2014-Apr. 24,2015
With medical background specializing in biomechanics of lower extremity, Yi-Chen Chou is interested in producing bespoke shoes for both general population and people with special needs. By taking the entry level of shoe making course last year at Florence, she has now equipped with the fundamental skills of shoemaking, and would like to learn more advanced shoemaking techniques as well as to integrate the gained knowledge onto prospective orthopedic shoes using customized lasts through her second year.
Mar. 06, 2015 | Posted in Blog, Shoe Making/Design , Students Report | Tags:Yi-Chen Chou, Shoe Making/Design | Language:
Reporter: Yi-Chen Chou | Course:
1) This Monday was Josh’s birthday, as being his buddy, Luca has prepared a cake with some crazy candles to celebrate.
2) Back to the shoemaking class, Hyunjin has finished her shoes, and has moved on to the next one.
3) Wang Jia has finished the preparation on all upper pieces, and was working on the stitching this week.
4) I am also working on the upper stitching, and the shoemaking master was showing me how to couple the upper and the lining.
5) Masa, another TA of the class, was making couple small lasts using wood during the session of independent study. So cute!
6) Luca’s business cards were ready just one day prior to his departure to lineapell exhibition in Milan. He was super excited.
7) This week, the school was somehow quiet cause most students went to see lineapelle in Milan.
8) A corner of lineapelle, one of the greatest leather fair in the world, and generally takes place twice an year.
9) After lineapelle, I took a flight to Dublin to spend my weekend over there.
10) I like the book of Kells in Trinity College in particular. Really hard to imagine this thousand-year-old bible book still well preserved.